Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - Create 365

It's been a while since I've blogged. I haven't known what to say thus the silence. I'm going to work on that this year. I want to make lots of art this year and share it with you. One way I'll be doing that is by sharing my daily creations from doing this journal... 


I'm doing it with a girlfriend and am REALLY psyched to see what creativity the year brings! She makes lots of videos so that is her medium. I have chosen to stick with mixed media art and focus on the theme of hearts. It's an exploration I'm continuing from some of my recent works that are focused around Luke 6:45.



This scripture has been occupying lots of my brain and heart and art lately. It's taken up residence and since it's moved in I've been trying to get to know it better. So I've committed my journal to exploring this concept. I'll be posting photos of the works on my blog but not daily. I'll probably do a weekly-ish round up. If you are interested in seeing the works daily you can follow me on Instagram - I'm PiecedTogetherArtist on there. And I'll probably be posting them to my Pieced Together Artist Facebook page as well. 

Below is my very first entry, made yesterday, Jan 1. 
The challenge was to start small with a creation that can fit in the palm of your hand. 


Is anyone else committed to creating something daily this year? Art or otherwise? 
Anyone else exploring their heart and scripture? 
I'm really excited to see where this little experiment takes me this year!

No comments: