Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pin It -> Do It

Today is the day:

For all the great entries you have to

There will be SO many cool projects
to  check out. I can't wait to go through the links!

This is my inspiration photo:


You can check out all my pins HERE.
I have a few....hundred.

I chose to do a wall in my dining room.
It's been sitting blank for months since the remodel.
Let me refresh your memory:

This was taken pre-construction.
The walls made the space really awkward
and made the house feel crowded.

So we ripped them out.


Ah, wide open spaces!

Enter the Pinterest Challenge.
And  this pic (just a reminder)


My Pattern: Chevron
My Color Scheme: Charcoal, Sienna & White
My Supplies: Paint, Wall Decals, Dishes

First I painted the blue hutch a charcoal grey.
Here's a before pic of the hutch I painted
when it lived in my art studio.

It was light blue and full of yummy art supplies.
But I needed more usable storage and less display
space so it had to go when I rearranged the studio.

While that was drying Billy and I started applying
our new Chevron Wall Decals in Sienna.


Then we slid the hutch back in place and
added the white dishes (a collection from my kitchen -
now I have a nearly empty cabinet - YAY for extra storage)


If you look closely, you can see Mr. Owl
proudly displaying his new, all white coat
in the middle of the top shelf.

Finally, 9 months after the reno, the
dining  room looks like a room &
it feel so cozy in there.

Now to find inspiration for the rest of the house!

Don't forget to check out all the great
blogs hosting the Pinterest Challenge!

13 comments:

allenaim photography and design said...

Wow!! I love it!!! Seriously fabulous makeover!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It looks great. Love that color combo too.

Alyssa Haws said...

I didn't realize you could buy chevron wall decals. This really makes your room pop! Love it.

Alyssa Haws said...

I didn't realize you could buy chevron wall decals. This really makes your room pop! Love it.

Shelby said...

Hi- I saw your link on the Pin It Do It challenge and I just had to tell you how much I love the chevron wall decals. The walls in my house are too bumpy for decals (it took me a few times to learn that lesson) but if they weren't, I would love to have these!

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page site to my blogroll, I pray you would give some thought to returning the favor.

As a final point , allow me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am positive you have become aware this by now,), English is not my number one tongue as a result I am using Google Translate to shape out what to enter what I truly plan to voice.

Single Stone Studios said...

Thanks everyone!! These are too fun to participate in and great motivation!! ;)

Emakesart said...

Oh my goodness!!! First, I love your inspiration photo..wow! And your room and those decals...WOWEE!! I love it! What a beautiful transformation! Well done lady! ;-)

xoEsther

Catharine said...

WOW! What a transformation! I just love it! :)

xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

The DIY Show Off said...

It's gorgeous, Shelley! Awesome decals! Amazing transformation! Thanks so much for joining the PinFest party! :)

Jamie said...

OMG!! That is awesome. I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on DIY Home Sweet Home. Would love you to check it out.
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-shabby-apple-dress.html

renee alberts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tonya said...

I love it! It has a moroccan feel to it! Perhaps I should consider wall decals to my home.