Thursday, January 13, 2011

preoccupied.

You may have noticed
my blog has been
a bit neglected
these last few months.

I've been a bit preoccupied.

I wish I could narrow it
down to a simple explanation
but I can't.
There's nothing wrong.
I just haven't had much to share.
Or maybe I just feel like
what I've been doing isn't
much worth sharing.
Either way
I have a fix to
the lull in my
blogging.

I have a whole slew
of new projects
to bring to you
in the next few weeks.

I must say
I'm quite excited!
We're doing lots
of projects around our house.
Of course, we'll be
doing the work ourselves.
And all of you will
go along on the trip with us.

So, what are these projects?
*flooring
*countertops
*tile backsplash
*painted cabinets
*fireplace rework
*new art by me - decals/painting
wish me luck on that last one
I get scared to hang my own work
in my house. Big step.
Hope I can follow through.
*choosing the right rug
*hoping to rework some furniture
if I can find the right pieces

That should be enough to get us started.
I can't wait to share the process with you!
Today, I'm picking up the tile
and a couple MORE paint samples.
But I think I'm getting it narrowed down.

And just to tease you a little.
Here's a sneak peek at
a few of the finishes I'm
working with.



1 comment:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I'm right there with you on the "blog neglect" front! I feel the exact same way you do. As a matter of fact I considered "signing off" blogging for a while. I don't feel as if I have anything important to share these days.

Life is so full of stresses and worries these days that it pretty much consumes my days. I get very little to no creative time so that leaves nothing to share with my readers. Hopefully things will look brighter soon and that all will change.

Looking forward to you sharing your projects!