Monday, January 3, 2011

Open the door...

get on the floor...
everybody walk the dinosaur...

I've been painting on the floor.
There is a perfectly good explaination.
We got a new dining room table.
It's just like the one in my studio
only a little bit smaller.
We were going to take my studio table
to the dining room and put the new
smaller table in my studio.
Well, turns out the smaller size is better
for the dining room so I never needed
to take down the one in the studio.
Are you following?
The tables have marble tops
which means they are H.E.A.V.Y.
My sweet man got a head cold
over the weekend and I didn't ask him
to lift the 250+ pounds of table to help me
get the legs on it. So, on the floor it sits.


It was all cleaned off.
Not so much anymore.
I don't care if it's in a closet,
on the floor or with a
dinosaur. A girl's gotta get creative.
So, I did :)

Creativity is best with a
journal full of
scriptures
and thoughts
and a cold Coke.
  

Here are a couple of
close-ups of what I'm
working on.



I love the text on the last one.

"The Spirit of God 
has made me
and the breath of
the Almighty
gives me life"
Job 33:4

1 comment:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

They both look great! I'm partial to the one with the bird. Can't wait to see the finished products.

Happy New Year! Be blessed!