Thursday, December 30, 2010

{Stone Throwing Thursdays}

Today is Stone Throwing Thursday. I think I missed one or two in the month of December but now that the crazy time (a.k.a. Christmas) is over it's time to get back at it. Especially with the new year here.

One thing I'm noticing, from this odd time that is December, is that I'm drawing clarity from the transition. December offers one of the most harried and one of the quietest times of the year. All in one short month. I, for one, am happy to move past the harried and into the quiet. Just a couple more days and then the New Year kicks off. A time when we all move into to new goals, new ideas, try to change old habits and resolve that THIS is the year we're going to conquer old things....and Throwing Stones is exactly how we'll do that in 2011. For real!

I spent a lot of time in 2010 learning new things. Lots of things I've always wanted to learn and lots I never wanted to learn. In such an intense time of learning I felt incredibly uncomfortable and insecure. That's the thing I want to conquer in 2011 - insecurity. That bad habit of constantly second guessing myself and lack of trusting my instincts. I am worst at doing this in my art and design. I tried lots of new things this year and had lots of big, fat fails. It happens. But if I hadn't tried at all I wouldn't have learned and I wouldn't have had the successes I had. Not everything was a fail.

A lot of 2011 is carrying over the same goals I had in 2010 but I continue on these goals with more knowledge, more experience and ... more confidence. This year is not about trying it's about conquering. Really, truly taking down the insecurities that plague us. No matter what area of life our inseciurities are causing us to doubt, let's tell them goodbye.

“Truly I tell you,
if anyone says to this mountain,
‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’
 and does not doubt in their heart
but believes that what they say
will happen, it will be done for them.
                                 Mark 11:23


2011 = NO MORE DOUBT






If you're new to Stone Throwing Thursdays click HERE to read what it's all about. I can't wait to read your comments and the blog posts you link up this week! Thanks so much for participating!

No comments: