Friday, December 17, 2010

{Stone Throwing Thursdays}

I know, it's not Thursday, but I spent all of Thursday thinking is was Wednesday so I'm a day late. But I thought it better to post a day late than not at all. So, here I am though my mental state may be questionable.

First, I must make a confession. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was throwing a stone at a magazine submission to get my mixed media work published. Well, 2 weeks of being sick, the Christmas rush of orders, and the general hussle and bussle of the season, my work is still sitting in my studio and the deadline has passed. One more goal to carry over from 2010 to 2011 - take the step to at least be in the running to be published. There is a deadline approaching in the spring and the theme is yellow. Sounds fun - I might try that one.

These last few weeks have been a little crazy. Lots going on here in the studio to get all the orders out in time for Christmas as well as making lots of fun new plans for 2011. I hope I can share more of those with you soon. Definitely stones to be thrown so when we do I'll share.

For now, I'm doing my best to keep up with the relentless pace my life seems to be keeping. Somewhere in the last year someone stepped on the gas pedal of my life and never let up. I think this is my new normal. Or at least, it seems to be. With all that is life - the expectations, the daily grind of mundane tasks, the pushing through the good ideas to get to the God ideas, the thought recently came to me "outgrow your world and live your dreams" So, of course, I made some art. We need to be just as relentless in our pursuit of our dreams as life is at handing us things to do. Don't get distracted. Stay the course. Find your dreams and lif\ve them. That is, afterall, the definition of being a Stone Thrower.




If you're new to Stone Throwing Thursdays click HERE to read what it's all about. I can't wait to read your comments and the blog posts you link up this week! Thanks so much for participating!

No comments: