Thursday, November 11, 2010

{Stone Throwing Thursdays}

Another Thursday is here and I've been thinking about throwing stones all week...and frisbees. Yesterday, my son was playing frisbee at recess. He was coming up behind the kid who had the frisbee and the kid stood up and whipped around real quick and the frisbee caught Cole right on the brown bone. A couple of hours in the ER and 8 stitches later he was back home and relaxing. As the night progressed so did the swelling in his eye. This morning it's noticeably worse than it was at bed time.

my poor boy
This incident coupled with the thought I've had all week of "What is the asking price?" has my mind running. I've prayed all week about this question hoping I'd have a clear answer by now but really I just have more questions. Do we really fight harder to pursue our dreams or are we just more conscious of our choices? We're all going to take our lumps/black eyes in life no matter what but when we are pursuing our dreams those lumps seem to become more personal because we are now walking a path that we've chosen vs a path that we just happened upon, therefore the "lumps" are now directly related to what is most sacred to us. They're more personal. Some lumps are personal no matter what. Especially those that hurt someone we love. This year has been particularly hard for us and although the lumps and black eyes we've received don't seem related I still can't help but wonder if they would've happened had we not been trying so hard to do the right things, to choose the right path and be a godly family. Did the enemy single us out and try this hard to thwart our plans and efforts?

For we do not wrestle
against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers,
against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world
and against the spiritual forces
of evil in the heavenly realms.
                     Ephesians 6:12

I know it might sound far fetched to some but I really do wonder. Not that I think we would change our choices because we know what we're doing is the right thing. The things we go through, the lumps we take, in our pursuit make us stronger, teach us lessons and and become our testimony. But still it all makes me ask the question "What is the asking price?" Then I think how very unworthy I am to ask such a question when Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice for us on the cross. Who am I to question how much I sacrifice when it could never come close to His sacrifice? it all brings keeps bringing me back to obedience. To keep throwing stones and keep walking the walk.

A few weeks ago, in late Sept/Early Oct, I sent a couple of emails to some highly trafficked blogs to submit my mixed media work to be featured. One email came back with wonderful feedback but my request was denied. The other email, however, came back with a YES! So, this Saturday my mixed media work will be featured on the Mod Podge Rocks website/blog! I'm really excited about it. Normally, I don't submit my mixed media work for features or anything really. I am still so much searching and experimenting that I don't really feel like it's good enough to submit. But in an effort to overcome those fears I decided to take a faith step and throw a stone in that direction. I'll share a link when the post goes up!

If you're new to Stone Throwing Thursdays click HERE to read what it's all about. I can't wait to read your comments and the blog posts you link up this week! Thanks so much for participating!




No comments: