Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Altered Fall Fashion

Lately, I have been trying to stretch myself
artistically. Attempting things I've always wanted
to try, have dabbled in a little but gave up,
and give them a real try and more than once.
'Cause really, we all know our first attempt
doesn't give us our best results.
We have to hone our skills with practice.

So, I've been working with fabric.
I LOVE FABRIC!
Always been a hoarder of fabric
but always had a phobia of working with it.

Recently, I've tried my hand at working
with fabric in a couple of different ways...

I made no-sew FABric flowers.

I added those flowers to a pair
of shoes and an apron.

I added quite a bit of fabric to my
altered dress form titled She Sings.

I painted a canvas bag, sewed ruffles
for her skirt and made iron-on 
 appliques for her wings.

Now I am altering some $5 sweatshirts
(Walmart has the best selection of colors)
with cotton fabric. Cute cotton fabric ;)

I even upgraded to this...due to arrive next week.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Studio 76 said...

Good luck! I need to get my sewing machine out and remember how to use it...I have some burlap pillows I'm finishing up...p.s. I enjoyed your writings yseterday about dreaming and liked that bible verse a lot...