Monday, August 9, 2010

Relaxing weekend

I took it easy this weekend.
Saturday my mom and I went
shopping. We hit all the good places...
Bed Bath & Beyond, TJ Maxx,
Target, Pier 1.
My bags were full.
It was fun!

Sunday was slow.
Church in the morning.
An afteroon nap with
my favorite guy.
And some art after that.

Another altered canvas.
This one, like Something Wonderful,
is 5"x5". It's fun to work on a little
canvas sometimes. A little
instant art gratification.

We've been doing a new series at
church titled "I want to be new".
The scripture references thus far
have come from Ephesians 1-3.

The gist of the series is that there is a
gap between Me and the Me I want to be.
The current version of Me and Me 2.0 (the upgrade).

He talks about bridging that gap.
I zoned out a little yesterday.
I hope my pastor isn't reading my blog today :)
Mackenzie had a really high blood sugar
during the service and I lost concentration
on what he was saying.

So I came home and I was thinking about the
parts I did hear. About my own journey to
become better and new and this canvas came
out of the following thought.

Somedays, there is nothing you need to do,
no place you need to go, nothing your hands need
to accomplish. What it really boils down to is simply this...

Believe,
Believe,
Believe.


No comments: