Saturday, January 9, 2010

Decorating in White

I've noticed a trend lately of decorating in shades of white. I've seen it very elegant, beachy, farmhouse-like (for lack of a better term). I'm not sure I could live in a white house but I do think it's a beautiful way to decorate. It makes me reconsider white as a color. Notice the abundance of texture in each photo. I love how a monochromatic color scheme, whether it be white or another color, is highlighted and made interesting with lots of texture.

I like this idea when it comes to
decorating and art. Texture.

Here's a little white inspiration for you.





3 comments:

A-M said...

Yep, it's all about the texture. Love this style!.... and shades of white! A-M xx

The DIY Show Off said...

I love all white right now too. So clean and fresh. I married a man not known for being clean (i.e. fingerprints on walls, etc.) - I'm constantly cleaning the white French doors. So, I'll have to keep dreaming. lol

R

Robert said...

This is the good blog with good images and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.