Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yellow and White Delight

Over the weekend I was browsing a few design blogs and came across the photo on the left (click to enlarge). I love everything about it. The pattern, the colors, the fact that it's a floor and not a wall, the imperfections of the floor - everything about it draws me into this photo and makes me want to be there. Don't you just love the feel of it? Even as the weather cools this color palette warms you with the golden tone and makes you want to curl up under a blanket with a warm cup of tea. Life is all about enjoying our surroundings and so much of that is creating our own world.


With this inspiration I found a few more yellow and white items on etsy. Simple color combination. Big impact. Translates to nearly anything you want to use it on.

You see it in fabric and art and wedding invitations. I've seen it often with an accent of grey lately. Very light grey and charcoal, not so much in the middle of the grey scale. Black too, of course.

It's bold and gentle at the same time. I think that floor makes quite a statement but it's not overpowering by any means. A very livable space, if you ask me. Creative too!







No comments: