Monday, September 28, 2009

Handmade Harvest and Halloween Decor

This week Jen Swift and I are sharing a few projects we've made for our homes. All of them centered around autumn and Halloween. Today I have a floral piece I designed. Please, don't judge too harshly, this is my first attempt at floral design. I'm pleased since it's my first attempt but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Just pretty mums, leaves etc. I did however decoupage a pumpkin with old dictionary pages and added a key for a little something unexpected. I placed it on a rough, woven, round green place mat (Walmart $3) and a copper charger (Target - can't remember how much). Both bought recently and should still be available in stores. The copper charger is a lovely color. Very rich and metallic. I really like it and I like it with the green. They complement each other very nicely.

I made the floral arrangement so it can be removed and something for Halloween can replace it. I'll have that for a little later this week. You can be sure it will be spooooky :)

3 comments:

The DIY Show Off said...

Hey stranger! It's been a while. :)

I love your arrangement! It's gorgeous! You should link to the Fall Festival - it's so inspiring!

Just came over to find the color of one of my vinyl art purchases for a referral. ;)

Take care and have a fantastic week!

Roeshel

Jen said...

Lovely lovely pumpkins! Thanks for the link!

The DIY Show Off said...

I love it still! Perfect for Thanksgiving too! :)

Thanks for joining the party!

Roeshel