Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall is coming...

Here in Cincinnati we are seeing the first signs of fall. There have even been a few days we have turned off the a/c and opened the windows. The perfect sleeping weather. Soon enough, it'll be chilly, we'll break out the sweatshirts and jeans (I'll keep the flip flops out several weeks more) and the hot ciders and other warm yummy drinks will be a part of our everyday.

As I was thinking about this today, and feeling a bit of pain from my sad-case-of-a-gallbladder, I started to panic a little. Not because of the pain but because my beloved vanilla cappuccinos contain milk! Oh no, what is a girl to do?! Learn to make a soy cappuccino, of course.

Soy milk is not a new thing in our house. I've cooked with it for several years but none of us will drink it straight or pour it over our cereal. The taste is still not that great to us. Almond milk tastes better than soy but I still struggle with it a bit. However, I think this soy cappuccino thing will be quite good. I haven't made it yet so if any of you do please let me know what you think! Or if you have a great recipe to pass along, I'd love to try it. When it gets just a tad cooler I'll break out the hot drinks and now I'm armed with a lactose free way to enjoy one of my faves :)

click image to enlarge

1 comment:

Kelli-Rie said...

Hey Shelly,
Can I come live with you for the fall season?! It's miserably hot here in AZ, still over 100 everyday. My neighbor just found out she's allergic to cow's milk, eggs and just about everything under the sun. She is a culinary genious, I'll ask her if she's found any recipe's she could pass along your way. I'm sorry my dear, it just sucks. There's no better way to say it. Hang in there!