Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sprucing up the house...

We have been in this house almost a year and the walls are STILL empty! Normally this wouldn't happen but I simply don't have the time I used to for such projects. However, this weekend, I made time!

I spruced up the entry way with a big decal install and I LOVE IT! The quote was given to me by a customer recently and I designed this for her home. I really like what the quote says and reworked a few things, blew it up much larger and made it work for my entry. Here are a few pics of the before and after. I'll be back this week with a few more photos of the install and will share some tips on hanging decals on a large scale.

This is me getting started with the first and largest piece.

The entry put back together...

Close-up of the decals. I didn't officially time the install but I think it was just over an hour. Not much time for the impact!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Shelley, it looks fantastic. I will really need your tips on installing my piece!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love it! I have the same rug as you in my home! It looks great!

Jen said...

Beautiful, Inspiring piece!!! Don't remember seeing this one in the shop....Looks like you had a ton of fun with the fonts :)

ada said...

Your designs are so cool!