Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A new canvas...

Started this last night. Blank canvas, decoupaged on some printed papers, printed tissue, paper flowers. Added a poem, wire flower - somehow those wire pieces sneak in my projects almost every time ;) I even broke out the needle and thread and stitched centers on the flowers and a few stitches to the paper on the bottom left corner. Oh I added cream paint too - it's hard to tell in this pic but the canvas was painted after I added the papers. I wanted the edges to be painted a bit but I really liked the bright papers popping off the white background so I just warmed it up a little with a light creamy color.

Seems to need something more along the left side. Just not sure what that is yet...

Also, I have had some requests to sell my mixed-media pieces both originals and prints. Honestly, I've been caught off guard by the generous comments and requests. It was never my intention to sell them but I am considering it now and looking into the equipment to make prints. Thank you all so much for the encouragement!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY!! Go GO Go!!!