Monday, June 1, 2009

Project{Atered Apothecary}

I made some progress on my new addition to the studio. What started as a Plain Jane is shaping up quite nicely. I've added a base coat of the light blue paint and decoupaged one drawer. I wanted to get the feel of what it will look like. 1 drawer down, 11 to go! I chose to work with the Urban Rhapsody paper collection by K & Co. I will decoupage a different but coordinating design to each drawer front.

Today's progress will be sanding down the pristine finish to bring out the lovely character of the old piece and give it depth. To highlight the distressed finish I'll wipe over the whole piece with some stain on a rag.

Here are a few pics of the Altered Apothecary Project! I enjoy a 3D canvas to work on. Note to self: redo more furniture, it's fun!

From plain jane...



to beautiful blue!

close-up of the drawer

the paper collection - LOVE these!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Way too cool!!!