Friday, May 29, 2009

My Antique Finds

Now that I'm using my studio I've been building up my tools and supplies. Today I went to The Old Shoe Factory Antique Mall in Lebanon, OH and hit the jackpot! It's a great place to go for vintage and antique items. If you're local or passing through you should stop. Lebanon offers LOTS more antique shops, art galleries and the like. Most everything is on Broadway and a couple of small streets off Broadway - park and one end and walk down the street popping in and out of fab shops. Not a bad way to spend a few hours!

Here are some pics of my finds today- First is an overview of my big score. A cigar box, an old wood rosette, a basket full of doors knobs(basket included) and a box of print blocks.

Check out these door knobs!! The WHOLE basket of them for only $20. I'm not an avid "antiquer" but I thought it was a pretty good deal. Don't tell me if it's not ;)

Check THESE out! I'm always in need of cool letters and these are INCREDIBLE! Check out the close-up below. I love the font. Also, check out the little part of the label I added to this pic - it says 1894. All the pieces are in the wooden box. There are even 2 old, dried up ink pads. It's a cool find.

Here are more print blocks I bought from Vintage Embellishments on Etsy. Glenna is great. This is not the first time I've ordered from her shop and probably won't be the last. I got uppercase, lowercase, numbers and punctuation and they're all in perfect condition. She did not advertise the full alphas so send her a convo if you want a letter you don't see in her shop. She tends to have "extras". And like I said, she's great to work with!

I can't wait to do a new project with my fun new toys. I have ideas for the door knobs and I know I'll use both sets of print blocks a LOT!

Enjoy your weekend everyone~
Shell

1 comment:

Studio 76 said...

Fun Fun Fun! I love the basket that the door knobs came in...and totally tricky print set! What are your ideas with the knobs? I love their color and texture!

It would have been great to peruse the shops with you today...