Monday, May 4, 2009

Exploring: Mixed Media Art

I started a new project on Friday. Sometimes a girl just has to close down the computer and get creative in a non-digital kind of way! I talk to my friend Jen Swift (birdfromawire) very often. Ok daily. And last week she made a blog post about creating a line of wire word embellishments. They are too cool and as soon as I saw them I saw a million projects flash in my mind. So when I started my mixed media project on Friday I emailed Jen and asked for some words to play with. Here is the beginnings of my project...


As I played with the pieces I pulled out to use I realized I didn't have a main focal piece - so back to email Jen for a special wire piece. You'll have to wait to see it but I'm super excited to get it in my hands! Below is a photo of what I have in mind for the new arrangement to accommodate the focal piece Jen is making. This piece will feature our Single Stone Art Stamps, a decal or 2 and Jen's wire art!

2 comments:

Jen said...

AND of COURSE it will be Fabulous!!! Can't wait to see it and thanks for thinking of my wire work!

Studio 76 said...

This looks like it is going to be divine...I love the number, the "fly" and the bird...well done...