Monday, May 25, 2009

Around the house...

Do you ever take time to notice the simple everyday things around you? I don't think I take time to notice things as much as I should. However, tonight I was watering my garden and saw this gorgeous vine from the green beans wrapping itself up and around the trellis I planted them next to. I want them to grow vertical - easier on the back when picking. Anyway, it really caught my eye and I had to take a pic to share. It's a beautiful shade of green and I just love the growth and life it shows.

This kind of thing always makes me think about possibilities. Not small ones but endless possibilities. The kind that significantly change the circumstances in life. I've been feeling excited about life lately. I have lots of goals and ideas for 2009 and have been diligently working towards them. Planting seeds for success.

We're nearly half way through the year now. Can you believe it? The first half has gone quite well but nothing in comparison to the goals I have for both personal and business. I wrote a bit about this at the end of 2008.

So, as the 2nd half of the year approaches I could feel like the goals cannot be met because I have so far to go to achieve them. Instead, I choose to have a great excitement and anticipation of incredible growth in the 2nd half. Dictionary.com says the word incredible means - so extraordinary as to seem impossible. Oh Yeah, I'm up for seeing and experiencing something or some things that are INCREDIBLE! I am leaving the door open for such possibilities.

Like the beans, I too am climbing. I will vine out and reach for my goals knowing that the seeds I've planted will produce a harvest. Yes, the promise of the seed. It applies to more than the garden. What kind of seeds are YOU planting?

He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6

Sheaves: A collection of items held or bound together.

I also snapped a quick pic of the lights we put in last summer. I love the shape of them and the bubbles in the glass. It was one of the first changes we made to this house. This along with changing the shutters to black as well as the front door. A little thing that I really enjoy about our home. This was just for my entertainment...


Hope you all enjoyed a great 3 day weekend~

1 comment:

Studio 76 said...

Well said Miss Shelley! I like the definition you put on there...a toast to watching God take the things that seem impossible...and turn them into something extraordinary!!