Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Addition to the Studio...

While I was at the antique shop yesterday I found this great chest with lots of small drawers - perfect for sorting art supplies. So I haggled a bit with the dealer and we came to an agreement. YAY! I picked it up this afternoon and just got it down to the studio.

Not sure how to fix it up yet. I'm not a purist by any means and plan to alter it. I don't think it's the original finish anyway. Probably starting with a fresh coat of paint. Maybe the same light blue as the hutch? Not sure yet. Feel free to offer up your ideas!

**photos of SPP coming. Probably tomorrow. My day is getting away from me.

1 comment:

Stuido 76 said...

PUnch it up with that blue...that was such a great color anyways...and you have a lot of the white/cream cabinets already in there...this way it brings the blue back in again for some more shizaam (hmmm...perhaps I'll try to incorporate that word more often) but yet it won't compete with everything else that is going on in the studio...great piece! keep the original hardware...those white knobs will look divine against the blue should you chose to go that route...