Monday, April 27, 2009

What a great weekend!!

It's been a long time since I've felt so refreshed. We had a great weekend. We actually took it off. Completely. All day Saturday was spent at Kings Island with the kids riding lots of roller coasters. They are roller coaster crazy this year - works for me and Billy ;) It was a fun day!
Then yesterday we started planting this bare yard of ours. When we moved in we ripped out everything. I only left one small plant - everything else - GONE! A few weeks ago my father in law tilled up the area and yesterday we planted it. At least most of it. I have a couple of bare spots that need something - it's amazing how many plants you need! And we have yet to get mulch.

Here in Cincinnati it's been hanging around the 85* mark - my perfect weather! Not too hot, not chilly. We don't get a lot of days like that around here.

In honor of this beautiful weather I put together a few of my favorite summer things - fresh homemade salsa (my own recipe), flip flops (we were not created to wear shoes ;), iced sweet tea (no lemon), fun sunglasses (I picked up a fun brown and green pair this weekend!) and beautiful flowers. They all say summer to me!

Enjoy your day,
Shell

No comments: