Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Seeking: Inspiration!

So I've been in the studio for a while - and I still have blanks walls. I've had many ideas for the space but nothing that seems to hit just the right creative spot. This morning I decided to look for a little inspiration via Etsy - cause let's face it, there's a lotta inspiration on etsy.


I know I want decals in the space. I know I'm working with orange and light blue as the main colors in my palette and I'd like it to have a warm yet creative, fun vibe when I walk in and after I've been in there 16 hours. For warmth I'll probably add some brown and teal. I also love to mix and match pattern but this is also where I get hung up in my decorating process. I love that collage of pattern and textures. There's always something new to "find" in the room. I like layers of graphics and color and sculpture. I still haven't quite made any decisions but I think I am getting closer.

Here are the results of my morning of Seeking Inspiration!

2 comments:

Studio 76 said...

I would say to look at the studio and think about what you want the different spaces to be like and what you want to use them for. If you want to have a space where you'll stand for youtube videos...then start by knowing that you you want the S3 logo on there and perhaps do your branch thing around it...


I think it helps when you break down the walls into sections...you don't want to go too overly busy with things...maybe some walls have more of objects on them, like the trees/branches/silhouette frames...etc...and another "space" has some type of words...

In summary..."Break it down for me fellas..."

Jen said...

Did you do the drawing/doodling on the post? I LOVE THEM!!!!