Friday, April 17, 2009

My first softball game...

in 20 YEARS! And it was a double header. I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be this morning. Mainly my calves - maybe from sprinting around the bases? And my knees - I skinned both of them in an awkward slide into 3rd - I was safe, oh yeah! Next time I'll wear long pants so I don't hesitate. I didn't plan to slide but I was down before I knew it.

For only attending one batting practice before the games last night I did surprisingly well. Up to bat 6 times on base and scored 4 of those. Struck out once and was thrown out once. The best part is I had SO much fun!! The other women on the team are competitive enough to want to win but are there to have a good time. And they were all great to hang out with.

Billy went just for entertainment purposes - here are a few photos he shot through the fence. Literally my first time at bat in a game since I was 12/13 ish. Funny!

I got a hit!


Made it on base...

And scored a run!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Way to go Shelly!! The Reds could use some of that talent.

Love the shades!

Christine Witt said...

Fearless!!

Jen said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Sounds amazing! And I'm so glad you had fun!

Studio 76 said...

Ooo...how tricky of our little Chick a dee. I must say, your accesories of the glasses and the glove are like so right now...well done...nice action shots...I'm glad Billy captured these...but I'm even more thrilled that your out there playing!! I can't wait for next weeks photos...do you think you could incorporate you catching a ball while diving?