Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stamps & Ink & Paper...

Here's another project with the new stamp line. I'm having so much fun using these stamps!

This project is a handmade gift bag - the template for the shape of the bag will be available for download. I originally designed this to be a book page but thought it would make an adorable purse shaped gift bag. Again, I sculpted the paper flowers. I LOVE paper sculpting. You will be tired of seeing it long before I get tired of doing it :) It's so cool to take a flat, white piece of paper and make it into something like these sweet little flowers! To add more dimension I use foam tape to attach them. The flowers are stamped on the paper, cut out and sculpted. They are part of the new stamp set titled So Tweet!

The front and back of the bag are made with cardboard. I recently bought some storage cubes for my studio and the boxes they came in were perfect for this project. I just printed the template, traced it on the cardboard, cut it out and glued paper to both sides and trimmed. I mounted them to a lunch sack to make a gift bag! Our So Tweet stamp set is our largest set that will debut April 1st. It has lots of fun text, birdies, flowers, leaves, tree and other fun images!

Also, the pics were taken in my almost-done studio. You can see the new table I bought the other day - I LOVE IT! It's not my original plan but it was a steal and I couldn't pass it up. My awesome husband and father-in-law lugged the 240 lb. beast to the basement for me. I really love it and can't wait to roll out some clay on it! I'll have more pics of the studio once it's finished and I am all moved in.

Oh, what do you think of the orange? It's really growing on me. I can't wait to put the decals up!

Enjoy your day,
Shell




2 comments:

Nani said...

I love it!!!! I want to learn how to make those vellum flowers :)

The orange looks fab :)

Where did you get the ink again?

Jen said...

The bag is inspired! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!!! The studio looks great too and I'm so glad you went with the orange-it's perfect!