Monday, March 2, 2009

PUBLISHED in Better Homes and Gardens!!

And we're on the cover! I knew we were in the mag but I did not know we would be on the COVER! God Rocks! He opens doors I could never open myself!

Pamela Porter, a designer for Better Homes and Gardens approached us last November and asked if we would be interested in having our work published. Um, yes please! She had very specific ideas of what she wanted already so it was very easy to accommodate her. Not to mention she's just super nice and easy to work with.

She certainly has a way with COLOR! Both layouts are absolutely beautiful. My favorite is the birdcage grouping layout. I LOVE the orange and light blue color combo. It's fresh and a little unexpected.

I also really love all the elements she pulled together in the layout with our baroque frames. The hand-painted pillowcases are really fun, the quit covered headboard and decals over the bed all work together so well. And it doesn't hurt that this one made the COVER!! That seriously excites me! :)

And for your viewing pleasure a few snapshots I took this morning of my copy. One of my copies - I picked up a few of them at Lowes yesterday. I wonder what the people around me thought about the squeal I let out when I spotted the mag and we were on the cover?! LOL I'm pretty sure someone was dialing 911. haha (not really)








16 comments:

connie said...

Congratulations!!! You should be so proud. I'm so happy to see all your hard work recognized and acknowledged.

Amy said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that you are getting such great press.

Jen said...

They look FABULOUS!!!! Congratulations!

Christine Witt said...

Congratulations, Shelley! I know how hard you work. What a beautiful layout. You must be absolutely thrilled!

Sarah C. said...

How exciting! I would be squealing too. :) Congrats!! Found your blog via Etsy - one of my "hearted" shops.

Mariafer said...

Congratulations!!

Suzy Staples said...

Love your site...looking forward to finding something perfect for my sons' room!
Cheers-
Suzy

Ronda White said...

Found your blog via Etsy. I love your designs. Especially the Choo Choo Train. I am close to finishing my son's bedroom and he LOVES trains. This would be perfect. I looked at this edition of Better Homes at the hair salon this week and was amazed at the photos. Congratulations.

peacockchic said...

woot woot!!! Congrats on the COVER!!! I love your decals so much! They are gorgeous. I absolutely need one in my drab boring apartment.

fel4u said...

I am in love with your decals! Actually I want many for me and my friends!

Trish said...

You do awesome work! I am so happy for you! I love the decals I got for my son's room and I am now looking for something perfect for my other son's room.

puddleboy said...

I just found your decals on Etsy! They are so neat. I am eying some for my son's room and our bedroom. We are from Cincy, too. Do you have a store or do you sell out of any stores?

KateB said...

it's always a blessing to be surprised huh? AM at your Etsy shop looking around as we speak!

kateB

Jill Matrix said...

Fantastic. I love your work. It's on my living room wall. I've sent several friends your way, too, including just now. Congrats on the success. Hope you're ready to be busy!!!!

Julia from Dozen Flours said...

That's really awesome! I love decals and I'm so excited that BNG gave you a much deserved shout out. Sweet!

Shelley said...

Your decals are beautiful! They look amazing in the magazine. I absolutely love it.