Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sweet Nursery!

I LOVE designing nurseries - this was not a custom project but I still love getting photo like this back! How cute is this room?! The rug is great. The mix match of patterns and textures in this room is a great way to generate interest while keeping the color combo tight with just the pink and green.

I love the quilted diaper stacker, the velvet touch at the top of the curtains and the rug - did I mention the rug? Those pieces are perfectly balanced in the room. I also love the bright pop of color the decal adds - the bright lime and fuschia are also on the shelf in the form of a little stuffed animal.

Color matching is not about having exact same shade from one piece to another. GOOD color matching is about having a range of shades in the same ballpark to create interest for your eye. This room is a great demonstration of that.

So sweet!

2 comments:

Awesome Sara said...

This room makes me feel calm. Great job! Kisses!

KarenLeslie said...

Oh, thank you so much for your kind comments on my nursery :) I wanted to make it "girly" without being specifically themed. :) Your bird on a branch was the perfect touch! This room is very calming ... Baby will be here soon, but for now I just love sitting in there.