Monday, November 17, 2008

{Gratitude Week} Whimzy Kidz Dezign

Good Morning everyone -

Today is the kick off of our week long Attitude of Gratitude celebration!! I can't wait to hear all kinds of wonderful stories from all of you and to share some with you as well.

Since this is my blog (and I get to make the rules) I thought I would take time time post one thing each day that I am grateful for along with each of my guest posts. This morning as I sit in my warm house, with the fireplace on, writing this blog I am grateful for my new home. Billy and I waited a long time for the right opportunity and we really enjoy living here. It instantly had the "home" feel we had been wanting and needing. The fireplace is my favorite part - it can never be too warm! :)

So, without further delay....(drum roll please).... Say Hello to Erin!

~Today my first guest is Erin Bergem. She is an awesome woman I met through Single Stone. Today is her GRAND OPENING! I am so excited for her and can't wait to see her store take off!

Here's a note from Erin, and photos from her store.

Hello, my name is Erin Bergem. I live in Minneapolis, MN. I am a very lucky wife and mom of two adorable kids. I am so thankful to be a part of this! I have always been very creative (I used to sell hats to a children’s boutique a few years ago). Recently, I was re-designing/decorating my kids rooms and I had a really tough time finding what I was looking for so I decided to make them myself. After I was finished I realized that I really wanted to continue to pursue my creative passion and share with others the unique and adorable things that I created…. and that is what brought me to Etsy, along with some help from my friend Shelley Howard.

I am so thankful to have met such a caring, artistic, creative, talented, fun loving woman. I have really enjoyed our friendship and I feel very blessed to have her in my life.
I am also extremely thankful for my health and my beautiful family. As I mentioned before I am blessed with two adorable kids who keep me on my toes most of the time, but keep a smile on my face all of the time! J Then I have my husband who is always there to listen when I need to talk, support me in whatever I do, and loves giving me shoulder massages when I need them. Who could ask for more!!
With the way that the economy is right now I am very thankful to have a beautiful home to live in, and the flexibility to pursue my creative passion with Whimzy Kidz Dezign.

When I was a little girl we started a Thanksgiving tradition of all holding hands around the table before we ate and shared with each other what we were thankful for. It is a really nice way to connect up and realize how fortunate we all are. I have continued this tradition with my family and my daughter who is 8 really enjoys this. Around the holidays my family and I try to give back to another family who is less fortunate every year. Last year we bought a family a grocery gift card and brought over some presents for the kids. They were so grateful. They made my daughter a Christmas ornament and wrote a letter saying that she really helped to put a smile on their faces when they didn't think they were going to have a reason to smile. It felt really good to be able to help this unhappy and less fortuante family. This is a great way to teach my daughter that the holidays are for giving and not just for getting presents. This is a very tough thing to teach an eight year old. To keep this tradition going, as my kids get older, I would like to go to some place and help serve Thanksgiving dinner to those who may not feel so thankful and fortunate. I think that seeing two smiling kids serving them their Thanksgiving dinner would definitely put a smile on their faces and remind them that there is still a reason to smile.



With Gratitude,

Erin

Today Erin is giving away one of her hand painted, bring-the-bling coat hooks for your child's room! The photo is of one of her fabulous start hooks but she also has it available in a flower shape. How cute is this?!

In addition to Erin's give away here she is offering a 10% off coupon to ALL of her customers in the month of November! The coupon can be redeemed with your next purchase at Whimzy Kidz.



Enter To Win:

Just leave a reply to this post telling us about something you are grateful for. All post throughout the week will be gathered and put into a pot Saturday morning when I will draw the winners for each prize. I will announce them on the blog and let the giver of the prize get in touch with the winner!

Seriously, we cannot wait to hear all kinds of awesome stories this week! We truly hope you will all participate this week and join us in having an Attitude of Gratitude!


5 comments:

jen said...

Welcome to Etsy- Erin! Thank you for sharing your family's way of sharing with and caring for others. I have a three year old boy and we have been sharing our blessings with each other the last few weeks. One night I will hear "I'm thankful for mommy and daddy" and the next "I'm thankful for worms." But it's been a good experience. :)

Erin said...

Hi Jen-

That is adorable!! the 3's are so much fun, they are so inquisitive and want to know about everything don't they? My son is 14 months and he is already wanting to see and know everything too!!

Thanks for the welcome! What did you like best in my store?

Jen said...

Love the Bling stool! And the armoire... and the hooks....:)

sscott44 said...

What a great way to hear from people all over the country, sharing things they are thankful for. With all the bad economic news surrounding us, and 2 wars going on, it may be hard for some to remember what there is to be thankful for. I am always so thankful for my family.I have a husband, 2 children and 2 grandchildren that I never expected to have.We all live in this part of Texas.The time we spend together is so precious. I wish everyone could have this joy. Thanks for the opportunity to share what others have to say.

Alicia said...

I cannot express how thankful I am for my mother...she has never given up on me even when I have made some decisions that were not the best. As time goes on and my own daughter gets older, I can only hope that she will love me as much as I love my mom.