Wednesday, November 19, 2008

{Gratitude Week} Shea Chic Designs

Day 3 and we are really getting into the spirit! There were some of the most awesome comments left yesterday. You should read them - some of them show amazing strength and survival, some are the obvious joys of life that we simply overlook on a day to day basis. It's good to slow down and realize all that we do have to be grateful for.

This morning I am grateful for having great relationships in my life. Both my family and Billy's have supported us through some pretty rough places and now they are celebrating with us on the success of Single Stone. You know, when you go through a hard time, for a long time, some people stop believing in you. They don't understand your vision, your willingness to turn down an "opportunity" that would offer immediate relief but would derail the vehicle that keeps you moving toward your goal. Sometimes in life it's not about changing the situation you are in but going through a situation and letting it change you. Not everyone will hang around for the process - the ones who do - are invaluable!
Today's guest is Amanda and she runs Shea Chic Designs. Her store is full of fun, bright and beautiful items for children and weddings. Here what she wrote...

My Attitude of Gratitude:
As I thought about what I am most thankful for, I had a really hard time narrowing it down to just one. It became clear to me though that there was something that they all had in common, FAMILY. In these current times where there is so much uncertainty, I've found refuge in the love of my husband and children. Six weeks ago our family of three grew to a family of 5 with the birth of our twin girls. Although my husband and I knew we were going to have our hands full with a toddler and two infants, we couldn't be more excited about this great gift we've been given. The beautiful chaos that fills our home (all hours of the day) has been a welcome distraction to the negativity that exists outside these walls.

A little about me:
I've always been drawn to color and I love pattern. I'm a fashionista at heart and I've found a way to combine this with my love of creative design, marrying textiles and style for your home and life's big events.I began my love for all things kid couture two years ago when I found out I was expecting my son Jett. Childhood is so imaginative and exciting! It is a period of life I think should be celebrated and treasured. My goal is to create products that exude the playfullness, imagination, and the joy of being young. I try to make my designs as special and unique as each child is. Since every child grows up to become an adult, I've taken the values from my children's line and matured them in to Haute Decor for weddings and home. Whimsical doesn't have to be just for the young, it can also be for the young at heart!

Amanda is offering a $20 gift certificate to her store. Have fun customizing your item with her - she does amazing work!
Enter To Win:
Just leave a reply to this post telling us about something you are grateful for. All comments throughout the week will be gathered and put into a pot Saturday morning when I will draw the winners for each prize. I will announce them on the blog and let the giver of the prize get in touch with the winner!

4 comments:

amybyrd said...

I am grateful for my sister. We have gone through periods of being close and distant--as many sisters probably do. Sometimes we are too close for comfort and we are very different. Now we are both at places in our lives that make those differences work together well. Last year when I was planning our wedding she became an incredible resource and support. She helped me make my card box from scratch, planned a beautiful shower, a great bachlorette party, and an amazing surprise slide show for the reception. I also had to have sinus surgery a month before the wedding and she flew out and took care of me--not even letting me get off the couch for a glass of water.
It's amazing what happens when you let people help you(I have a hard time doing this). It really allows you to feel cared for. I am so thankful for my entire family but for getting this relationship with my sister in particular.

Abby said...

I'm grateful for a supportive family who continued to encourage me throughout my education, difficult career choices, failed relationships, and several other of life's bumps in the road. I am so lucky to have them!

emsa23 said...

I am so thankful for my three sisters. I am so lucky to live within miles from each one. They are my best friends and I would never be where I am today without the love and support of all three!

Alicia said...

I am extremely thankful for my wonderful daughter (and my whole family) and definately my best friend Christian. She has always been there for me through the toughest times and I honestly don't know where I'd be to this day without her.