Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Weekend Project~

Now that we have been in the house a few weeks I think it should probably look like we actually live here! So this weekend I finally have curtains in every room except our Master Bedroom. Big accomplishment :) And then I hung a clock I had been waiting to put up - my own creation! About a year ago I bought these 5" stainless steel house numbers to use for clock numbers and I have got around to the project. Then a few weeks ago while in a local craft store I found 23" battery operated clock hands! Last night (ok, 1:00 am) we assembled the clock on the wall and it was cool but blended into the builder's beige wall - yawn!

So, first thing this morning I went to Lowe's and bought a gallon of paint! It's called Rustica by Waverly - it's a slightly darker version of our sienna vinyl color. So cool! I painted the big wall in the kitchen this Rustica color, reassembled the clock and WOW! I love it! I'm so pleased with how this little corner of the house looks! (lots more to go...)

Have a great night,
Shelley



1 comment:

Amy said...

That looks so good! How did you get the clock flush? Did you have to do something with the drywall? How will you change the battery? Seeing this and then your coo coo clock got me thinking how cool that would be in my house. Please give me more details and thank you for beautiful work.