Monday, September 8, 2008

Crazy Busy...

I am sure most of you can relate! Seems like there is always so much to accomplish. I actually took the weekend off. This is not normal. Usually I work all day everyday - except Sunday - I only check up on email on Sunday evening. It felt SO GREAT to take a break this weekend. So I spent the weekend on a few household projects - like unpacking our closet. We've been in the house for 4 weeks now and have been wearing the same few things we had in a laundry basket when we moved. LOL So I can say that EVERY piece of clothing has been gone through and kept, donated or trashed. The closet is organized and roomy. We had 2 smalls closets before and this one is a nice sized walk-in. Not huge but significantly more space than we had before. I like it a lot!



Decorating the bedroom has been moved to the back burner. We are now unsure of the green we painted the walls. It's a great color - we do like it - but it's bright. We work a lot. We work long days everyday and although we love bright colors and have them in the studio we want the house to feel very relaxed. So we are thinking about what we really want in to do in there.



Meanwhile, I have plenty of other things to keep me busy in the house. Both kids got new bedding and I am working on decals for each of them as well as other fun things in their rooms. I'll follow up with some photos once I get everything together but here is a sneak peek of some ideas I am working with. The barbed wire, wanted poster and snake are some ideas my son wants in his room - these will be decals and I'll be offering them in the store once the art is ready to be cut. The swirls are an idea for my daughter's room. These will probably be done chocolate and white as her wall will be a light teal. This is actually a current custom project I am working on - it will be in the store soon - it's a bit of a work-in-progress right now.

Enjoy your day everyone,
Shelley




No comments: